Tuesday 19 March 2019

Romeo And ‎– Romeo And You (1993)

Elektra Entertainment ‎– 9 61363-2, Elektra Entertainment ‎– 61363-2


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-cover

So I've been wanting to post up my 12" of For You (I'll Do Anything) for ages. It's a great little New Jack Swing stomper based around that ol' classic Synthetic Substitution by Melvin Bliss breakbeat, which I first became aware of thanks to the mighty Ultramagnetic MCs Ego Trippin' track. It's up there with the Skull Snaps It's A New Day and the Hot Pants break in my top three favourite breakbeats.


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-OFC-1


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-OFC-2

The track was really big for five minutes but sadly, despite the initial promise of For You and the release of this album and a second single, I'd never hear from Romeo And again.


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-IFC1


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-IFC2

Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-OBC

Double sadly, with the loss of my turntable, I can't rip vinyl anymore, and this track was never released as a CDS so once again I'm flying in the face of my no albums rule.

What we are left with is a great song in For You, and a collection of bad to decent (but not stellar) ballads and NJS album tracks

It's worth having for this one track though.

My verdict? Listen to track 2 on loop. 

Peace & luvizm x


Romeo-And-Romeo-And-You-CD

Tracklist
  1. Romeo And You (A Vocal Opera)
  2. For You (I'll Do Anything)
  3. Let Me Do Ya
  4. Sex You
  5. Answer Your Prayers
  6. Settle Down
  7. If Only You Could See In Me
  8. All I Have To Do Is
  9. Didn't Wanna Make You Cry
  10. That's What Love Is
Download: RA-RAY.7z | Filesize: 110.5MB

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting again, Kym!
    😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you guys back. Thank you for this album. The single (For You...) is one of my all-time-favs. Don't think think the album or single were ever released here in the U.K. Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this page in a search for Romeo And, and this post has been a revelation - because for so long I thought I was imagining ever hearing this singer.

    In particular, he covered a version of "Waiting for a Girl Like You," by Foreigner, and for the life of me I cannot find it.

    Is there any chance you may know of it, or have it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jazz T, sorry, I missed your post and have only just spotted it.

      Really glad I could be of service in helping you identify the singer.

      Sadly I don't have or know that cover version and I'm unable to dig up anything about it?

      Delete
  4. Thanks very much for this 😀

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs