Sunday 31 March 2019

D'Angelo - Always in My Hair (Scream 2 Promo) (1998)

Buena Vista International (UK) Ltd. ‎– MOVM17/6/98


Scream-2-D-Angelo-Always-in-My-Hair-OBC


A quick and dirty post for you my Soulistas: D'Angelo with a rare, full length version of his cover of Prince's Always In My Hair.

This is a four track promo CD for the movie Scream 2, multimedia section not included. I've never seen the film and I can't even remember exactly where I got this promo CD from now. It says Total Film in the album title - I expect I saw D'Angelo on there at random and impulse purchased it.

There's an okay Jon Spencer Blues Explosion track if you fancy going off-piste, but tracks 3 & 4 are... not for me. Yuck. :D

The first track, however, is D'Angelo at his Voodoo era best, rocking it out with the dopest Prince cover I've ever heard. It sounds like it really belongs on Voodoo and I can imagine it being one of the tracks that didn't quite make the cut. This DL is essential for this one track, even if you delete the rest.

Here's the Discogs entry https://www.discogs.com/Various-Multimedia-And-Audio-CD-Scream-2/release/6538608

Enjoy!

Scream-2-D-Angelo-Always-in-My-Hair-CD
Tracklist
  1. D'Angelo - She's Always In My Hair
  2. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Right Place Wrong Time
  3. Everclear - The Swing
  4. Less Than Jake - I Think I Love You
Download: Scream 2 Multimedia & Audio Promo.7z | Filesize: 31.3MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout outs