Friday 22 March 2019

Christopher Wiliams - Every Little thing U Do (1994)

Uptown Records ‎– UPTDM-54613


Christopher-Wiliams-Every-Little-thing-U-Do-OFC

Troy Christopher Williams (born August 22, 1967) is an American singer–songwriter and actor. Williams scored several R&B hit singles, notably "Talk to Myself" (1989), "I'm Dreamin'" (1991) and this release, "Every Little Thing U Do" (1993) during the New Jack Swing period. And this one is my favourite.


If you've seen New Jack City (if not, why not? It's a great film) then you'll recognize him as Kareem Ackbar, the banker dude in Nino Brown's cartel. He also supplied a great little track for the New Jack City soundtrack album in "I'm Dreamin'" which I believe got to number 1 in the US (Actually, that whole New Jack City album is a classic and deserving of a post in and of itself... but I'm digressing).


Christopher-Wiliams-Every-Little-thing-U-Do-OBC

The album version is a great mid tempo NJS banga and I love it but the Dawghouse Mix is my weapon of choice, borrowing some Hip Hop staples such as the oh so dope Gang Starr featuring Nice & Smooth DWYCK bassline (which in turn comes from Lawrence Wheeler & The Enforcers) as well as drums courtesy of Melvin Bliss's Synthetic Substitution - a break I waxed lyrical about loving on the Romeo And post I did recently.


Built on the rock solid foundations of the original It's better than any of the other tracks on the CD. Or maybe that's my predilection for 90s East Coast Hip Hop showing themselves??


Christopher-Wiliams-Every-Little-thing-U-Do-CD

Tracklist
  1. Every Little Thing U Do (Album Version)
  2. Every Little Thing U Do (Dawghouse Mix)
  3. Every Little Thing U Do (Radio Mix)
  4. Every Little Thing U Do (Clark And Tim Flip Da Bass)
Download: CW-ELTUD.7z | Filesize: 41.4MB

3 comments:

  1. so sorry ..bro


    I am a Korean user who lives on the other side of the world and I am a fan of your blog a long time ago.
    I love R&B among black music for a long time, but I am really sad about the death of British music Lynden David Hall and collect his music. I beg you.

    plz ..re-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put up a few of his singles this week honey - check 'em out.

      I was heartbroken about Lynden David Hall as well - so much talent and a really lovely man as well!

      Delete
    2. I've also got some more Lynden to come.

      Delete

Shout outs