Sunday 31 March 2019

Darkman - Who's The Darkman (1994)

Wildcard Records, CARDD8 853489-2


Darkman-Who-s-The-Darkman-Cover

320 re-up!

Today's prime cut I'm serving up is Darkman's follow-on single to Yabba Dabba Doo, which you can find elsewhere on this site - "earth gyrl" had posted in the comments section she'd like to see this one posted, so, this one's for you, Gyrl.

Who's The Darkman was a nice follow-up single, but didn't make as huge a splash as Yabba Dabba did. However, it's still a great sounding funky track (despite the kinda loose rapping style at times), and will sound dope played at volume from your car speakers - please tell me I'm not the only one who's been caning Soul Vendor in my car?? I've got an iPod playlist chock full of beautiful urban goodness from here - but I digress.

Darkman-Who-s-The-Darkman-OFC

I like both mixes of this track, and find it hard to pick between them. I think the Shine Mix just edges it, but it kinda depends on my mood. Wicked isn't a bad song, but you'll really be wanting the title track.

If I recall correctly, there were no more releases from Worldwide, the album that accompanied this and Yabba Dabba, but don't quote me on that. Regardless, the two posted here are HEAVY!

Take care, lovely people.

- Kymba :)

Darkman-Who-s-The-Darkman-CD

Tracklist:
  1. Who's The Darkman? (Power Lab 7")
  2. Who's The Darkman? (Shine Mix)
  3. Wicked (Ghetto Lab Mix)
  4. Wicked (Power Lab Mix)
Download: D-WTD.7z | File size: 38.8MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout outs