Tuesday 19 March 2019

China Black - Searching (original mixes) (1992)

Big One Records ‎– V V BIG 29 CD

Version excursion!


So, Mick posted up the re-release CDS a few years ago, and, as I had it too, I've re-upped it in 320 quality. This, however, is the original mixes CDS.

I won't repeat everything Mick already wrote in his comprehensive write-up for the re-release, so this will be a quick 'n' dirty post.




I fell in love with this track from the very first time I heard it. Errol Reid's sweet vocals paired so well with the great reggae production from Simon Fung & Longsy D. It's such a wicked tune, and it did serious damage on the Reggae charts where it stayed at number one for what felt like forever! I remember listening to Rodigan on Kiss back in the day thinking "my boys have done it again!". For more info, check out Mick's original post linked above.

You really need no remixes of this classic, and nothing on this CD or the re-release can touch the original... but out of all the mixes on either release, the Soft Soul remix on this CD is the pick of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.


Anyone else agree?
Tracklist
  1. Searching (Reggae)
  2. Searching (Original Soul)
  3. Searching (Dub)
  4. Searching (Club Soul)
  5. Searching (Soft Soul)
Download: CB-S-WC.7z | Filesize: 45.4MB

1 comment:

Shout outs