Saturday 13 March 2021

Caron Wheeler - I Adore You - UKCDS - (1992)

Perspective Records ‎– PERD 7407

Caron-Wheeler-I-Adore-You-Cover-large

So Mickey posted the 12" back in September 2009 (are you feeling old yet? You soon will) but this came out in 1992 (I told you!) and featured on the Mo Money OST.

That's actually a really good album (and fun film) with many great tracks and might make a decent post on here one day!

Anyway, in my opinion, the LP Version is comfortably the best, and I agree with Mickey that most of the other mixes are a bit of a waste of time. If only we'd have gotten an acapella and instrumental for the mixologists. 

Out of the other versions, the Dance Hall Mix is easily the best but doesn't sound like Dancehall as I know it. In fact, this version grows on me the more I hear it.

Sadly, after that they kinda fall off a cliff. I think the Catch The Groove mix is probably the best of the remaining versions, but it's a distant third to the LP Version & Dance Hall mixes. 

No offence to Danny Tenaglia.

Over to you, Mick.


Caron-Wheeler-I-Adore-You-OFC

"OK, this is another fine Caron Wheeler moment that had me all excited. Built around a sample taken from the Burt Bacharach & Hal David penned 'Don't Make Me Over' performed by Sybil. during the second 'Summer Of Love'. It was featured in the movie Mo' Money' and boasted a Flyte Time production by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and a Remix and another three remixes from Danny Tenaglia.

It turned out to be a wasted opportunity. Six tracks on this 12" and nothing touches the original LP Version. The sound of 1989 is all over the remixes, even the Jam & Lewis Dance Hall Version echoes to the melody of Todd Terry. It's a shame (IMO) but also fortunate that the splendour of the original needs no assistance."
Caron-Wheeler-I-Adore-You-CD

So here's the CD Single.

That's all. Peace & Luvizm to you all and stay safe out there!

Tracklist
  1. I Adore You (LP Radio Mix)
  2. I Adore You (Dance Hall Version)
  3. I Adore You (Club House Mix)
  4. I Adore You (Club House Edit)
  5. I Adore You (Catch The Groove Mix)
  6. I Adore You (LP Version)

Download: CW-IAY.7z | Filesize: 68.5MB

1 comment:

  1. Will you ever come back? We miss you đŸ˜”

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs