Monday 8 March 2021

Innocence - Let's Push It - UK CDS - (1990)

Cooltempo ‎– COOLCD 220, Cooltempo ‎– 323597 2

Innocence-Let-s-Push-It-Cover

Innocence was a British R&B band fronted by vocalist Gee Morris that achieved success in the UK in the early 1990s. Masterminded by the production team of Anna Jolley, Mark Jolley and Brian Harris, Innocence's sound was a blend of R&B/Soul with elements of Ammbient house, Downtempo and Chill-out music.

The impeccably voiced Gee Morris had some dance releases as a solo artist in the 80s before her stint fronting Innocence. In more recent years, she's toured with Maizie Williams as part of her Boney M. line-up.

Innocence-Let-s-Push-It-OFC

The fourth release by innocence and arguably their most played. 

It's pretty hard to argue against that beat, and Gee Morris' gorgeous vocals are on point as usual. At this stage I'm getting tired of repeating myself as to how much I like them lol

Let's push it is the kind of classy, soulful dance music you'd find at the coolest bars and venues and stands the test of time. What a great track!

Oh, and holy crap, is that the Tammy Payne Take Me Now break in Silent Voice Sax Urbana at around 4:40??!? So that's where Tammy's producers got it from.. (this release predates Take Me Now by a whole year)? I wonder what the original source is? I'm normally hot on my breaks but this one eludes me.

Innocence-Let-s-Push-It-CD

Tracklist

  1. Let's Push It
  2. Let's Push It (Big Beat Mix)
  3. Silent Voice (Sax Urbana)
Download: I-LPI.7z | Filesize: 42.6MB

2 comments:

  1. What a classic - Kym B thank you - I have this and definitely one of my favorite - now the 12" Vinyl had a different mix Let's Push It (Belief Mix) - absolute belter of mix - would be forever grateful if a kind soul could *SHARE* - also I wasn't aware of the Tammy Payne break in the silent voice sax urbana mix but it does sound very much like it - I was only aware of the eagles sample in it. As you can tell am a big Innocence fan - again thank you for keeping the memories alive. one love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure, Street! What a great comment. It's ones like these that make all the effort feel worthwhile.

    I've not heard the Belief Mix so I can only echo what you say - if anyone has it please please do share with our community. I'd love to hear it.

    Also that is the Take Me Now break. It actually runs throughout the whole Sax Urbana Mix but is mostly obscured by other instrumentation. That little clear bit is enough to identify it though. I really need to know where it comes from... unless this here really is the source?

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs