Monday 10 June 2019

Martine Girault ‎– Revival - (1992)

FFRR ‎– FCD 195


Martine-Girault-Revival-1992-Cover

As requested by Tim on the Chico Debarge Iggin' Me post.


We've already had the 12" posted on here by Mickey back in 2009 (we really could do with a 320 re-rip now I come to think of it) and I've only made you guys wait ten bloody years for this CDS! 

Go peep the original post for more info.


Martine-Girault-Revival-1992-OFC

For my two cents worth, ignore the radio mix as usual and dive straight into the Original Mix - four and a half minutes of nineties UK soul perfection. The Funky Vibes mix is a nice curio, it's good to hear a different spin on the classic, and I am feeling the extra hip hop (almost trip hop?) vibes this one packs, but ultimately it falls short of the original.


Nothin's Gonna Change, the final track here, is another really cool track, and well worth your time. Another one with her signature style of sparse, repeated  vocals and hip hop production sensibilities.

Revival is a wicked cut and another timeless track from this era.


Martine-Girault-Revival-1992-CD

Tracklist
  1. Revival (Radio Mix)
  2. Revival (Original Mix)
  3. Revival (Funky Vibes Mix)
  4. Nothin's Gonna Change
Download: MG-R.7z | Filesize: 38.3MB

13 comments:

  1. A timeless classic. Thanks Kymba.
    Do you have the first Vanessa Simon LP Family Madness, produced by Omar? Jaybilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it.

      I'll post Family Madness soon, Jay :)

      Delete
  2. thank you so much, for this. I love this site big soul fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you happen to have any of these harriet-temple of love https://www.discogs.com/release/2245437-Temple-Of-Love/images (sounds like mica paris), Paul Johnson-no more tomorrows https://www.discogs.com/release/5272434-No-More-Tomorrows/images and Kenyatta-love again https://www.discogs.com/release/68070-Love-Again/images thank you for any help

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Temple Of Love and No More Tomorrows - I'll post them as soon as I get a chance to scan the artwork and rip the CD in 320.

    It may take me a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While we're talking about wants.. does anybody here have Paul Johnson's 'If We Should Lose our Way'?

    I've been after a high quality rip of that 12 for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym I have a 320 of this version... Paul Johnson - If We Lose Our Way (12' Long Rhodes Mix) whats your email? I'll drop box it ya...

      Delete
  6. Ingo you're a star - is it the whole 12" or just that one mix? Although that's the mix I love, I do have it on a Swing album (best Swing 95 I think?).

    On that subject, is anyone interested in 320 rips of those sort of compilation CDs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its just that mix Kym, Think its a vinyl rip The spec's all good on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like posting albums, but I think I'll add Best Swing 95 to my uploads list, even if only for that one song.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. No problem, Tim.

      I've got that Harriet/Temple of Love CD ready to go but I don't know anything about the artist - is there anything you think should be said?

      Delete

Shout outs