Thursday 6 June 2019

JT and the Big Family - Moments In Soul - (1990)

Champion Records CHAMP12 237


JT-The-Big-Family-Moments-In-Soul-cover


As I recall, they were an Italian studio production team, Christian Hornbostel & Paul Bisiach, who put together this smooth little number. They were better known as Don Pablos Animals but not to me. That stuff was cheesey Pop house in 88-89, I think?


The beats are from Back To Life by Soul II Soul with the break from Funky President by James Brown. The refrain samples Moments In Love (hence, the title) by Art of Noise and For The Love Of Money by The O'Jays supplying that big bass line leader. Also in there you have the obligatory 1990 "Ah Yeah!" and a bit of dialogue which, it has been claimed, comes from a Milli Vanilli song but hey, they didn't perform anything themselves so its probably from somewhere else anyway?

JT-The-Big-Family-Moments-In-Soul-OFC

Kym says: Great track! And don't you just love that cover artwork - how cool is that? 

This brings back a lot of memories for me. You're spot on with the Milli Vanilli sample, Mick - It was from the intro of the 12" version of Girl You Know It's True. 

I've replaced the dead, vinyl rip link with a fresh 320kbps CD version for your listening pleasure. I've also included the remixes as well as a bonus  (but these are at a slightly lower bit rate).

JT-The-Big-Family-Moments-In-Soul-CD
Tracklist
  1. Moments In Soul
  2. Moments In Soul ('AA' Mix)
  3. Eden 90

Download: JT&ATBF-MIS.7z  Filesize: 47.5MB

14 comments:

  1. It's a classic!

    I've always been fond of this, and still sounds great today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the 1st 12"s I bought when I was a young'n!

    Quality track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this song is the bomb!!! thanx sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey wazz up everyone !!! Can I please request for REUP of this fine tune ....please !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry 'Pac! I don't know what happened there - but it's all up'n'running again now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just tried dllin it .. the MF link is definitely down - I thought it might just be my ISP..... virigin no joy :(

    ... tried dllin it using my brothers BT ... but it deffo down.

    Thanks Kymba

    ReplyDelete
  7. this link is so down,if it is a cd rip please reup, never get a reply so won't be looking for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay guys - Mediafire are really messing around with this and D'Angelo - not sure why all of a sudden.

    Anyway, I've switched to filedropper, so let's see how that goes.

    (fresh link added)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was 12 years old then and that music was fantastic. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still sounds great though, doesn't it? :)

      Delete

Shout outs