Thursday 13 June 2019

1 World ‎– Down On Love (1990)

FFRR ‎– FCD 129, FFRR ‎– 886 901-2
1-World-Down-On-Love-Cover

This is a lovely little forgotten gem of a track that I first encountered on a Deep Heat album. I heard it played out a couple of times in clubs but it had pretty poor exposure, if my memory serves me correctly.


It has a sad, mournful vibe, despite the hopeful lyrics.

Produced and written by Mike Percy and Tim Lever, who, as One World Productions, went on to produce for the likes of Kenny Thomas, Pauline Henry, Diana Brown And Barrie K. Sharpe, After 7 and others. 

Sadly, I don't know the vocalists name.


1-World-Down-On-Love-OFC

Only the one mix which is backed up with a radio edit and an instrumental. Regardless, it's a nice release of a great song and really does deserve some love, even if it is almost thirty years too late!

1-World-Down-On-Love-CD
Tracklist
  1. Down On Love (Assertive Edit)
  2. Down On Love (Assertive Mix)
  3. Down On Love (Assertive Instrumental)
Download: 1W-DOL.7z | Filesize: 37.7MB

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I love this track. Takes me back! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have their other track by any chance, Come Into My Heart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I've not even heard it up til now, Ingo. I've just had a look on Discogs and it doesn't seem like there was a CD release of it. I can't rip vinyl anymore so I can't even get a copy to post!

      Delete
  3. Heavy Bass line. so reminiscent of the early 90s street soul sound.good to know you guys are back in action..keep on schooling us! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for years for this artifact. You would have it in flac format? We can share songs together. See my blog under construction: https://rhythmbluesclassics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly rip a FLAC copy for you.

      I'm happy to share tracks together, too. Do you have an email address I can reach you on?

      Delete
  5. Email address received - I've deleted your post to maintain your privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU TO GOD YOU BACK AGAIN . SOUL VENDOR IS ONE IS BEST MUSIC BLOGS ON JNTERNET. I FOLLOW THIS BLOG AT 2009 .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS WINRAR FILE IS DAMAGED IM SORRY.I HAVE VINYL WITH ASSERETIVE AND OTHER MIX ON B SIDE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much. i was looking for this track. You would have it in flac format...pleaaase?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great song, isn't it?

    I'll have to dig out the CDS again and re-rip it for you. Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs