Thursday 18 April 2019

Kicking Back - Everything (1990)

Ten Records TENCD 307


Kicking-Back-Everything-Cover
Kym says: This is an old 2008 post by Mick. I have it on CDS so I'm re-upping in 320 with fresh artword scans. I adore both Everything and Devotion. Both tracks are wicked. I'll be uploading Kicking Back's two other CD Singles soon as well. Over to Mick x
Featuring Taxman, Kicking Back debuted in 1990 with the single Devotion. It was quickly followed up with this release, Everything, both of which failed to make much of an impact. The only other recording I'm aware of is All I Want, which features on the flipside of the Devotion single.


Kicking-Back-Everything-OFC


Everything is a jaunty little soulful tune built on a reggae foundation. Taxman raps in a reggae style (which doesn't appeal to me personally) but the song is soulful, the melody catchy and the female vocal is gorgeous. It's worth a listen guys, it's just a shame nobody done a tax-deductable mix?



Kicking-Back-Everything-CD
Tracklist
  1. Everything (Original 7")
  2. Everything (Kickin' Mix)
  3. Devotion

Download : KB-E.7zFilesize: 32.3MB

4 comments:

  1. wow , devotion is a tune id completely forgotten about.
    infact im dloading this JUST for devotion.
    Ps do you have the devotion track with Taxman?


    Nitro

    ReplyDelete
  2. ve Devotion on 12" (and Everything) but it may take awhile before I can get my hands on it?

    As and when, its yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mickey, I've got this 12" and I like it - apart from the reggae rapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blacksun(cz) say: but that happy simple feel good vibe was better - http://www.discogs.com/Kicking-Back-Keep-On-Trying/release/1052042

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs