Wednesday 24 April 2019

Driza Bone - Real Love (1991)

4th & Broadway ‎– BRCD 223


Dizabone-Real-Love-Cover

Weirdly named after the waterproof clothing line (and I can't think of another artist I can say something similar about), Driza Bone was an alias for musician/producer/writer Vincent Garcia.


This is such a cool understated track and sounds absolutely great to this day. I had it blaring out my car last week and it sounded dope. Everything about this track is just plain nice.


Dizabone-Real-Love-OFC


This is the original release from 1991, featuring sultry vocals from Sophie Jones, and is  to date Driza's biggest hit, getting to number 16 in the UK pop charts. It was re-released  in 1995 with a different vocalist and got to number 24 but I don't think I have that version?

Regardless, this is another  under appreciated classic from an era with so many clasics to pick from, and it is chilled UK club-friendly soul of the finest variety.

I tend to go for the Original mix although the Real Jazzy Mix is a fine variation on the theme with extra saxy goodness.

Dizabone-Real-Love-CD

Tracklist
  1. Real Love (Radio Edit)
  2. Real Love (Original)
  3. Real Love (Real Jazzy Mix)
  4. Real Love (Real Dub)
Download: DB-RL.7z | Filesize: 42.7MB

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a 320Kbps is this? Thanks for the upload :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies Ingo - I ripped that one at work and forgot to change up the settings to my usual 320 MP3!

      All fixed now.

      Delete
  2. No worries, Nice 1 for this, Beautiful track :)

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs