Monday 15 July 2019

Tammy Payne - Do You Feel It (Like I Do) - (1992)

Talkin' Loud ‎– TLKCD 19, Talkin' Loud ‎– TLKCD19, Talkin' Loud ‎– 866 827-2


Tammy-payne-Do-You-Feel-It-cover

While not as immediate and awesome as the slice of perfection that is Take Me NowDo You Feel It (Like I Do) is a nice piece of early 90s socially conscious jazzy funk, A sound that really typified not just Talkin' Loud records but the UK underground music scene of this era.


Initially, when she first sings the line about "I had a dream" my gut feeling is to cringe, but as soon as that tried and tested jazz funk Talkin' Loud sound kicks in, you know this is gonna be wicked.


Tammy-payne-Do-You-Feel-It-OFC


The Jazzy Feelin' mix comes courtesy of Roger Sanchez, and sounded pretty good to me at the time, but on revisiting it with my modern ears, sounds a little by the numbers? Maybe you'll feel differently.

The other version on here (in three separate varieties) comes from Mr Ceri Evans of the Brand New Heavies (and later Sunship), and is the definitive version, for my money.

Jump straight into the 12" mix (track 3) in my opinion.


Tammy-payne-Do-You-Feel-It-CD
Tracklist
  1. Do You Feel It (Like I Do) (Jazzy Feelin' 7")
  2. Do You Feel It (Like I Do) (12")
  3. Do You Feel It (Like I Do) (7")
  4. Do You Feel It (Like I Do) (Ceri Evans / Tammy Payne Dub)
Download: TP-DYFILID.7z | Filesize: 42.8 MB

3 comments:

  1. Nice joint, Love "free: by her too.... Thanks Kym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ingo - I've got Free somewhere so I'll add it when I'm able

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs