Friday 5 July 2019

Mica Paris - Young Soul Rebels - (1991)

Big Life BLR D 57
Mica-Paris-Young-Soul-Rebels-cover

320 Re-up!!

Mickey P says: A great song from Mica that was the theme from a UK movie of the same name. Not the best movie in the world but hey, thanks for the soundtrack? Along with Mica's B-sides, this was another gem that didn't make it onto an album?


Mica-Paris-Young-Soul-Rebels-OFC

Kymba says: Man, I love Mica's work. She can do no wrong for me. This release is a great example of that.


Ignore the Original Version - it does little for me and probably won't for you either. What you'll want is that wicked remix. The beat sounds very much like a recreation of (or inspired by at the very least) the Think Twice loop as was huge at the time and used on Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam's excellent 'Let The Beat Hit 'Em' (as posted elsewhere on here), and Main Source's sublime 'Looking At The Front Door'. It ain't the sample, but it sounds very close.

Have a listen and see what you think.
Mica-Paris-Young-Soul-Rebels-CD
Tracklist
  1. Young Soul Rebels (Remix Edit)
  2. Young Soul Rebels (Original Version)
  3. Young Soul Rebels (Remix)
Download: MP-YSR.7z | Filesize: 32.1MB

9 comments:

  1. How can I get 'user' permission to download it??! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Download permission denied by uploader."

    Not true, dunno what that's about? The link has died because it's been downloaded so many times or left for so long. Trouble is, I can't access the links anymore but I'll see if I can sort something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still waiting in line...

      Delete
  3. a wicked toon...still has a dead link, pls re-up and be loved forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re-upped in 320 for your listening pleasure, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Kim B and crew! I hope I get to listen to the different versions of " I wanna hold on to you".The 12" had an interesting version. But, forget the title. Keep up the good work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! It is appreciated as it's surprisingly quite a lot o work. It is a labour of love though as we know, this music is too good to be forgotten.

      I have the CDS of 'I Wanna Hold On To You' and will be adding that over the next few weeks. Haven't got the 12" though.

      Delete

Shout outs