Saturday 1 September 2018

Various - Talkin Loud Two (1993)

Talkin' Loud ‎– 516 061-2

Talkin_Loud_Two_booklet_P1_OFC

Talkin_Loud_Two_booklet_P8_OBC

This one's going out to JayBilla, and to the rest of the MIA Soul Vendor crew who have yet to return.


I used to love the trend that we enjoyed in the 90s of labels releasing "sampler" compilation albums. It was a great way to get hold of some phatt tunes at a reasonable price. In my other life as a hiphop and Drum & Bass fan, Rawkus Records and Moving Shadow used to do a wicked line in the things.

I digress though. Talkin Loud's second compilation album is a belter with highlights including Galliano's Prince Of Peace, All I have In Me and Move On from the seminal Young Disciples, MC Solaar dropping some dope French hiphop in Qui Seme Le Vent Recolte Le Tempo, Omar's two joints, Incognito's fab Stevie Wonder Cover Don't You Worry Bout A Thing (as posted elsewhere on here) and the always brilliant Take Me Now by Tammy Payne. And that's just my faves. The others ain't exactly filler.


Talkin_Loud_Two_rear

What this all adds up to is a strong release from a fantastic label highlighting their trademark blend of bohemian/urban/hippy/soul/acid jazz.

I'd actually forgotten what a great album this was. What are YOUR highlights?


Talkin_Loud_Two_CD

Tracklist

  1. Urban Species - Hide And Seek (4:35) 
  2. Galliano - Hungry Like A Baby (5:12) 
  3. Incognito - Colibri (5:39) 
  4. Omar - You've Got To Move (5:14) 
  5. The K-Creative - Back To The Real World (7:18) 
  6. Young Disciples - All I Have In Me (6:06) 
  7. Marxman - Theme From Marxman (4:24) 
  8. MC Solaar - Qui Seme Le Vent Recolte Le Tempo (4:00) 
  9. Perception - Serious Love (5:36) 
  10. Bryan Powell - I Commit (3:22) 
  11. Tammy Payne - Take Me Now (5:35) 
  12. Young Disciples - Move On (3:27) 
  13. Omar - Music (5:37) 
  14. Galliano - Prince Of Peace (3:59) 
  15. Incognito - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing (5:12) 
PS - I have an alternative version of this CD with a slightly tweaked tracklisting. 3 songs are different. Track 12 is 'Apparently Nothin'' rather than 'Move On', Track 13 is 'There's Nothing Like This' instead of 'Music', and 15 is 'Always There' and not 'Don't You Worry Bout A Thing'. If there's any interest I can always put that up as well. Let me know.

Download: TL2.7z | Filesize: 177MB

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kymba,

    Where you beautiful peeps been - resurrection from the other side - whilst searching for a random track I saw soul vendor in the search results ... clicked and come here so happy to see amazing blog back up - Mickey P fan from day one - made my day. The knowledge and joy that I got from here defined my playlist whilst I was at uni all thanks to you guys. When the blog went down I was heartbroken :( and then to make matters worse I lost my collection whilst on a train - my suitcase robbed which had my laptop and my hard drives .... Now over the years I have found probably 50% of the music but quality not the same : youtube but still better than nothing ... I will be happy to help out in any way .....not very tech savy but willing to learn. From the bottom of heart this music was so beautiful just don't have the words to describe my feeling. Mad props Kymba ... WELCOME BACK !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment so much - so let me know if you are still missing any tunes. I just might be able to help you out!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kimba, thanks for the special shout out. Much appreciate.
    All these Talkin Loud tracks are must have, and my faves are probably the consistent cornerstones Omar, YD, Incognito and Galliano with the Solaar track (not originally on Talkin, though). The artwork reminds of that special period, where I used to buy a lot of these vinyls and CDs (also some early Rawkus stuff, of course...). It's a pleasure to digress ;)
    Keep on doin' whatcha doin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to sign.
    Jaybilla ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs