Tuesday 14 June 2022

Don-E - Oh My Gosh - UK CDS - (1992)

4th & Broadway – BRCD 260, PolyGram – 864 829-2

Don-E-Oh-My-Gosh-Cover

Don-E has been well documented on here so I'll keep this relatively short. A
s many of you know, he is a true UK icon and should be regarded alongside Omar as one of our greatest.

As far as I know, Oh My Gosh was Don-E's first release, so maybe I should've posted this first? :)

Don-E-Oh-My-Gosh-OFC

While it isn't his best ever work, it is a confident, nicely done mid-tempo joint and is well worth having in your collection.

All the mixes are decent but I think the Original 7" and stripped back Thunderstorm Mix are my favourites, as they let his vocal performance shine, and so edge it for me, but your mileage may vary, as Mick would say.

Don-E is still active as an artist, both as part of the British Collective (please search out their album on Amazon or somewhere to support them) and go check out his personal BandCamp page. https://don-e1.bandcamp.com/ which has some heavy releases on there.

Don-E-Oh-My-Gosh-CD

Tracklist
  1. Oh My Gosh (R&B Mix)
  2. Oh My Gosh (Original 7" Mix)
  3. Oh My Gosh (Dancehall Mix)
  4. Oh My Gosh (Thunderstorm Mix)

Download: D_E-OMG.7z | Filesize: 36.8MB

2 comments:

Shout outs