Monday 4 April 2022

Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game) - UK CDS - (1991)

JIVE CD 271

Hi-Five-I-Like-The-Way-The-Kissing-Game-Cover

Formed in Waco, Texas in 1989, Hi-Five consisted of the original founding members Tony Thompson, Roderick "Pooh" Clark, Marcus Sanders, Russell Neal, and Oaklahoma, native, Toriano Easley (who left the group shortly after release of the first single "Just Can't Handle It") and Hi-Five's management New York native Treston Irby, to complete the five remember, quintet teen group.

Now, the band, in various line-up changes would go on to suffer some really horrific tragedies which I really can't do justice to in a review of a CD Single. I'm so very sorry, boys!


Hi-Five-I-Like-The-Way-The-Kissing-Game-OFC

Also included is the New Jack Swing classic Just Can't Handle It, allegedly a true story from Mr Teddy Riley's history. You can look at this story two ways; a young man's sexual awakening at the hands of a sexy, experienced woman... or a minor being groomed and something where the police should be called.

I pick the former!

Also included is Sweetheart, which is a quite by-the-numbers affair, so just jump straight into track two and three.

Peace & luvizm x

Hi-Five-I-Like-The-Way-The-Kissing-Game-CD

Tracklist
  1. I Like The Way (7" Edit)
  2. I Like The Way (Full Length Version)
  3. Just Can't Handle It (Teddy's 7" Edit)
  4. Sweetheart

Download: HF-ILTW.7z | Filesize: 40.4MB

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - the link isn't active though. Regards Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. Any chance of the link being fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - would be so fine to get the link for this please

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry guys, back on it now!

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs