Thursday 6 May 2021

Sinclair - (I Wanna Know) Why - UK CDS - (1994)

Dome Records ‎– CDDOME 1009

Sinclair-I-Wanna-Know-Why-Cover

What's this? Do I spy a funky, soulful re-working of the chorus of Annie Lennox's dreary old hit?? Well no actually, it's more like Louisa Mark - Six Sixth Street!


Welcome back one Mr Sinclair to the Soul Vendor archives.

Sinclair-I-Wanna-Know-Why-OFC

Mickey's already written about Mike Sinclair elsewhere here, sadly as seemed common for UK artists in the 80's and 90's, he wasn't well supported by his home nation and despite making a moderate splash, especially on urban radio, eventually faded into obscurity. What a damn shame.

Anyway, like Ain't No Cassanova before it, (I wanna Know) Why is a great, catchy little slice of quality UK R&B. I don't much like the Masters At Play house mix but the original vibes are the best. Jump straight into track one.

I do really like the Ska Mix as well, which flips the vibe and has echoes of Message To You, Rudi by The Specials in this mix.

Wicked stuff once again, Mr Sincair!

I'm not sure if Mike is still performing but, as ever, I urge you all to support the artist and go see a show or something, when we are once again allowed.

Sinclair-I-Wanna-Know-Why-CD

Tracklist

  1. (I Wanna Know) Why
  2. (I Wanna Know) Why (Ska Mix)
  3. (I Wanna Know) Why (Masters At Play Dub)
  4. Music Is The Key Of Life
Discogs page

Download: S-IWKW.7z | Filesize: 43.2MB

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely great. Definitely my fav Sinclair track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been looking for a Sinclair rarity from 1989 produced by Bootsie and Snudge - "That Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one's new to me, DB. I'd be very interested to hear it if any of the crew have it and would like to share with Dope Beats and I?

    https://www.discogs.com/Sinclair-That-Girl/release/85724

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs