Monday 24 May 2021

Al Jarreau Feat. Phife ‎Dawg – In My Music (Dodge Remixes) - (2001) / In My Music (Remixes Promo) - (2000)

Al Jarreau Feat. Phife ‎– In My Music (Dodge Remixes) - 2001

GRP ‎– 158 568-2


Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-cover

My second birthday gift today is a two part post for you, Vendistas.

Musical heavywieght Al Jarreau is a legendary figure within the jazz and soul worlds. 

Alwin Lopez Jarreau (March 12, 1940 – February 12, 2017) was an American singer and musician. He received a total of seven Grammy Awards and was nominated for over a dozen more. Jarreau is perhaps best known for his 1981 album Breakin' Away. He hit the mainstream in a BIG way when he did the theme tune to the 80's classic TV show Moonlighting, starring Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis (Now there's a blast from the past for you!), and was among the performers on the 1985 charity song "We Are the World."

He had such an expansive and influential career that I really couldn't do it justice in a single post devoted to just one song of his, so please check out his Wikipedia entry for more info.

Malik Izaak Taylor was born November 20, 1970 and sadly passed in March 22, 2016.  Known professionally as Phife Dawg (or simply Phife), Malik was an American rapper and a member of the group A Tribe Called Quest. He was also known as the "Five-Foot Assassin" and "The Five-Footer", because he stood at just 5 feet 3 inches.

Phife formed A Tribe Called Quest, then simply named Quest, with childhood friend Q-Tip and DJ Ali Shaheed Muhammad 
(also for a short time Jarobi White) in 1985. The band would go on to have a huge affect on the Hip Hop landscape, understandably frequently cited as many peoples' favourite Hip Hop band. 

Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-OFC

The melodic Mix is nice, but I would suggest jumping into Dodge's Main mix immediately, as it's my favourite. They're both an upgrade over the original, although that one is great in its own right... but you know how I feel about my man Dodge!


Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-CD

Tracklist
  1. In My Music (Dodge's Main Mix Radio Edit)
  2. In My Music (Dodge's Main Mix)
  3. In My Music (Melodic Mix)
  4. In My Music (Original Album Version)

Download: AJ-IMM-CDS.7z | Filesize: 40.7MB


===================================


Al Jarreau Feat. Phife ‎– In My Music (Dodge Remixes) - Original Promo - 2000

Verve Records ‎– VERR-01049-2

Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-promo-Promo-sticker-Front

And because I love you, here is the UK promo release on Verve Records from a year before.

Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-promo-Promo-sticker-Back

It's 7 tracks with three variations on the Dodge Main Mix as well as three variations of the Melodic Mix, all topped off with the original album mix.

This is a good one for mixologists but it'd be nice if they'd put an acapella on there!

Thanks for your amazing music, Al! xx

Peace & luvizm, people!

Al-Jarreau-In-My-Music-promo-CD
Tracklist
  1. In My Music (Dodge's Main Mix)
  2. In My Music (Dodge's Main Mix Radio Edit)
  3. In My Music (Dodge's Main Mix Instrumental)
  4. In My Music (Melodic Mix)
  5. In My Music (Melodic Mix Radio Edit)
  6. In My Music (Melodic Mix Instrumental)
  7. In My Music (Album Version)

Download: AJ-IMM-P.7z | Filesize: 67.9MB

4 comments:

Shout outs