Tuesday 8 June 2021

Silk - Hooked On You - (1995)

Elektra ‎– EKR212CD, Elektra ‎– 7559-66055-2


Silk-Hooked-On-You-Cover

Discovered by Keith Sweat, Silk are an American R&B group, formed in 1989 in Atlanta, Georgia. They are best known for their 1993 hit single, "Freak Me", which reached number-one on the US Billboard Hot 100. They've had a string of other hits, but this one is my favourite.


Silk-Hooked-On-You-OFC


There are a suite of remixes on here but the Original Extended Mix is by far the best to my ears. 

We start with DJ Clark Kent's mix, sampling Isaac Hayes' A Few More Kisses to Go, no doubt inspired by Redman's use of the sample.

Next up are the Trackmasters, and while I normally find them a little formulaic for my tastes, this is a surprisingly good mix.

The Chucklife mix is kinda boring to me so moving on quickly to The Trackmasters Hip Hop mix, which features Foxy Brown and Tyme dropping a bar each.

Which all brings us back to the highlight of this CD for me, the Original Extended Mix; simply perfect. I love those Ironside style sirens!

All in all, this was a really great value CD, packed with multiple versions. I'd have liked an acapella but I've lost count how often I say that!

Enjoy!

Silk-Hooked-On-You-CD
Tracklist
  1. Hooked On You (Radio Edit)
  2. Hooked On You (D.J. Clark Kent Remix Edit)
  3. Hooked On You (Trackmasters Remix)
  4. Hooked On You (Chucklife Remix)
  5. Hooked On You (Trackmasters Hip-Hop Remix)
  6. Hooked On You (Original Extended Mix)
Download: S-HOY.7z | Filesize: 62.4MB

2 comments:

Shout outs