Friday 8 November 2019

Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String (Frankie Knuckles Remix) - (1992)

10 Records ‎– TENCD 406, 10 Records ‎– 665 357


Loose-Ends-Hangin-On-A-String-remixes-Cover

Firstly, allow me to say that I have nothing against Mr Knuckles, in fact, I think he's one of the best house producers out there. 


Having got that out of the way, now allow me to put out the fact that I find the notion of remixing this track absolute heresy and I am only putting it up for sake of completion. 


Loose-Ends-Hangin-n-A-String-remixes-OFC


It is interesting hearing most of the percussive elements stripped back and leaving the instrumentation in greater clarity, and you do tend to notice stuff in there that never jumped out before, but those four-to-the-floor vibes just do not work for me.

The All Night Mix (Courtesy of Twilight Firm) is more interesting to my ears as the beat is more my thing, as is the scratching, but it is still not a patch on the original.

I guess that is the story of this release for me. The brilliance of the original hangs over and outshines it.

Peace & luvizm x

Loose-Ends-Hangin-n-A-String-remixes-CD
Tracklist
  1. Hangin' On A String (Frankie Knuckles Radio Edit)
  2. Hangin' On A String (Frankie Knuckles Club Mix)
  3. Hangin' On A String (Original 12'' Mix)
  4. Hangin' On A String (The All Night Mix)
  5. Hangin' On A String (Frankie Knuckles Classic Club Reprise)
Download: LE-HOAS-R.7z | Filesize: 64.5MB

2 comments:

  1. I too love mr knuckles but I found his remix of this and ain't nobody totally un called for. there are certain songs that should not be remixed another is donna summer's I feel love a true classic which hasn't dated in sound at all. sometimes if it ain't broke don't try to remix it.

    ReplyDelete

Shout outs