Thursday 9 May 2019

Incognito Featuring Jocelyn Brown ‎– Always There (1991)

Talkin' Loud ‎– 868 359-2, Talkin' Loud ‎– TLKCD 10


Incognito-Always-There-cover

Oh my god. What a classic track I've got for you today my Soulistas as birthday month rolls on!


Incognito were always something of a favourite of mine with their sunny blend of funky, jazzy, soul-infused dance music. Real good "up" music. Bluey was always all about the vibes and they put out some amazing stuff.


Incognito-Always-There-OFC


Teaming up this time with soul POWERHOUSE vocalist, the mighty mighty  Jocelyn Brown, to release an era defining track. No hyperbole meant, it is that great a tune. Jocelyn's particular brand of power-soul could knock down skyscrapers, I am quite sure. What a voice! Although this a cover of a classic Ronnie Laws track from 1975 they really made it their own.

So Bluey's Mix is on the CD and is as fabulous as you'd expect, having that trademark Incognito sound to it. However, a special note needs to be made on how David Morales finessed the track and made it shine so brightly. His work on remixing here cannot be overstated.

I don't need to say much more about this release. It speaks for itself (Oh, by the way, the backup track, Journey Into Sunlight, is incredibly nice as well).  

I'd pick between either the 12" Mix or Bluey's Mix, depending on my mood. You can't go wrong either way. 

I love this track!


Incognito-Always-There-CD

Tracklist
  1. Always There (Edit)
  2. Always There (12" Mix)
  3. Always There (Bluey's Mix)
  4. Journey Into Sunlight
Download: I-AT.7z | Filesize: 42.8MB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout outs