Thursday, 5 April 2012

Coldcut - Find A Way/Say Kids 1987

Ahead Of Our Time CCUT 8 TL
PhotobucketPublish Post

This White Label was highly sought after and is still in demand (I think?) Very little info, the letraset title was added by me. 'ADRENALIN' is etched into the runout on both sides and that's it. The A-side is Find A Way, a rap by Queen Latifah (one of the De La Soul posse) that was probably known only for its inclusion here. Don't get me wrong, I loved the De La Soul posse and Queen Latifah's 'Mama Gave Birth...' should be dug out and given a spin soon but she sure as hell wasn't the reason this 12" sold in the UK.

For those that haven't heard of this, it's a cut up in the same style as the Double Dee & Steinski 'Lessons...'. Kicking off with "Say Kids, What Time Is It?" we have Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Rupert The Bear dialogue & King Of The Swingers from Disney's Jungle Book, amidst a whole host of infectious beats and samples.
Photobucket
Photobucket
  • Find A Way (featuring Queen Latifah)
  • Say Kids!
  • Bonus Beats 1
  • Bonus Beats 2
The Download Link is here: Download
Filename: Coldcut - Say Kids.rarFilesize: 24.71 MB

7 comments:

  1. This reminds me of another great cross collab featuring QL. Queen Latifah + De La Soul - Mama Gave Birth To The Soul Children (The New School Mixes) with some great remixes from CJ Mackintosh. I enjoyed it as hell in 1990.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That track's a stone cold classic!

      Delete
  2. This is actually the promo for 'Find A Way' ... The Original 'Say Kids' has a yellow tinge to the label on pretty chunky vinyl if I remember ... It used to change hands for £75 back in the day for the original pressing! ... I Love what they did with 'Funky Drummer' & 'I'm the king of the swingers' (Jungle Book) ... I used to love playing this out in my hip hop sets!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know the one you're talking about. I bought the white label of Say Kids back in those days before Ebay through a mail-auction.
      Ended up paying about 80 quid if I recall.

      Delete
  3. Coldcut sampled themselves/Latifah and dropped the resultant sample "Coldcut's in the mix" to great effect in the opening stages of Journey By DJ: 70 Minutes of Madness.

    Nerd moment over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix, wonderful moment when Doctor Who drops! B-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love that vocal sample from Shao Lin Thunder Kick over the D&B tune at the start "and now you bastard I'm gonna do to you what you did to my father in the woods TEN YEARS AGO!!!" LOL

      Delete

Leave some feedback